Funds are now limited. Please speak to Sarah Thompson before applying.
Grants to relieve hardship and support displaced people, such as refugees and/or asylum seekers, living in Cumbria.
In response to growing need, Cumbria Community Foundation is currently promoting donations to the Welcome Fund which supports all displaced people, such as refugees and asylum seekers, living in Cumbria.
Public donations and community fundraising events
Who can apply?
• individuals or families, such as refugees and/or asylum seekers**, who have been displaced by circumstances in their home countries
**To apply, individuals and families must be supported by a recognised professional, e.g., caseworker, faith leader, support worker, representative of support organisation, host family, etc.
• When funding levels allow, organisations seeking to provide services for refugees and/or asylum seekers which will lead to a reduction in social isolation and/or increase integration into local communities
Please note that due to current funding levels, the Fund is currently only available to support applications from individuals.
Examples of activities the Fund may support:
• items or support in the relief of hardship that are not covered by Home Office funds and other Government support
• initiatives that help to support resettlement, including access to work and education
• initiatives that promote community integration/cohesion, reduce social isolation
How much can you apply for?
Hardship grants for individuals or families will initially be up to £150 per individual dependent upon available funds and identified need.
Grants for organisations will be awarded dependent upon available funds and identified need.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Sarah Thompson on 01900 820821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to donate to this fund, please click here or call 01900 825760.
You can also register offers of help via Cumbria County Council.