Almost 300 refugees from war-torn Syria will be resettled throughout Cumbria by 2020. The focus of the Cumbria Welcome Fund for 2017-20 will be on supporting Syrian refugee families integration within Cumbria.
Who can apply?
• Individuals who are asylum seekers and/or refugees or a recognised professional acting on their behalf (caseworker, church or mosque leader, Support Worker etc.)
• Organisations seeking to provide services for asylum seekers and/or refugees which will lead to a reduction in social isolation and increase integration into local communities
Examples of activities supported include:
• Items or support in the relief of hardship that is not covered by the Home Office Funds.
• Hardship is recognising that it is not just financial need but that entering a country as a refugee brings emotional and wellbeing hardship along with financial needs.
How much can you apply for?
• Grants for individuals will be considered for between £100 and £1,000 initially (dependent upon fund availability and identified need).
• Grants for organisations can only be awarded as funding allows.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com
If you would like to donate to this fund, please click here or call 01900 825760.