Transforming West Cumbria (TWC) is funded through Sellafield Ltd’s social impact, multiplied SiX programme. This initial 3-year social investment programme has been developed in partnership with Cumbria Community Foundation and focuses on promoting thriving communities by supporting sustainable activities that create self-reliance and independence.
Bedrock, a key strand of the Transforming West Cumbria programme, focuses on building the resilience, capabilities and financial sustainability of Third Sector organisations in West Cumbria by:
- Empowering community leaders, both voluntary and paid, with the skills, resources, and time to invest in organisational strategy and business development.
- Enabling organisations to explore new ways of working, including income generation, use of digital, collaboration, sharing resources and better management of community assets/premises.
- Improving governance.
- Building capacity and future proofing the organisation, through staff development, expert volunteer recruitment and clear succession planning.
The Bedrock programme consists of two elements:
- Bedrock Award – tailored support focussed on building the resilience and financial sustainability of a small number of Third Sector organisations delivering vital services in West Cumbria;
- Bedrock Basics – advice and support aimed at strengthening and building capacity of the community sector in West Cumbria, delivered by Cumbria CVS.
Delivered in partnership:
The Bedrock Awards are delivered in partnership by Cumbria Community Foundation, Cumbria County Council and Cumbria Social Enterprise Partnership, with support from Cumbria CVS and Cumbria Exchange.