Grants to help older people in Cumbria stay warm and healthy.
Funded by voluntary donations of the winter fuel allowance payments, individual and local business donations.
Who can apply?
Individuals aged 60 and over with the aim of reducing excess winter deaths and numbers of older people living in cold homes across Cumbria.
• be over 60
• Cumbrian resident
• State pension and/or Pension Credit
• struggle to maintain a basic acceptable standard of living during the winter due to the cost of heating your home and the restrictions of cold weather
How much can you apply for?
• The normal grant is £150 or £250 in exceptional circumstances
If you would like to apply to this fund please contact one of the following:
• Age UK Barrow:
Marie Connor 01229 831425
• Age UK Carlisle and Eden:
Paul Grindley 01228 536673
• Age UK South Lakeland:
Pam Lewis 01539 728118
• Age UK West Cumbria (Allerdale and Copeland):
Linda Pinnock 01946 66669 or 08443 843843
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Citizens Advice also provide advice and support around tariff switching, energy efficiency measures, heating faults/replacements, debt management and applying for energy-related grants. Contact:
Citizens Advice Barrow
03444 889 624
South Lakes Citizens Advice
03444 111 444
Citizens Advice Carlisle & Eden
03300 563 037
Citizens Advice Allerdale
Citizens Advice Copeland