Grants to help older people in Cumbria stay warm and healthy
Funded by voluntary donations of the Winter Fuel Allowance payments, individual and local business donations plus fundraising from The Big Sleep event.
Who can apply?
Individuals aged 60 and over with the aim of reducing excess winter deaths and numbers of older people living in cold homes across Cumbria
• be aged 60 or over
• Cumbrian resident
• State pension and/or Pension Credit
• struggle to maintain a basic acceptable standard of living during the winter due to the cost of heating your home and the restrictions of cold weather
How much can you apply for?
• The normal grant is £125 or £250 in exceptional circumstances
If you would like to apply to this fund please contact one of the following:
• Age UK Carlisle and Eden:
Paul Grindley 01228 536673
• Age UK South Lakeland (also covering Barrow):
Pam Lewis 01539 728118
• Age UK West Cumbria (Allerdale and Copeland):
Christine Timney 01946 66669 or 08443 843843
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.