The Transforming West Cumbria (TWC) Spark Programme is funded through Sellafield Limited’s SiX (Social impact, multiplied) Programme. This initial 3-year social investment programme has been developed in partnership with Cumbria Community Foundation, Cumbria County Council and the Cumbria Social Enterprise Partnership.
The Spark Programme has been co-created to inspire, encourage and nurture, both new and existing social entrepreneurs by:
- Raising awareness of social enterprise and the vital opportunities it can create.
- Empowering people who think creatively about social problems and support them to develop their personal vision and drive to consider enterprise-based.
- Supporting the growth of vibrant social enterprises – from bright ideas to existing enterprises.
- Supporting the development of a vibrant social enterprise sector, where social entrepreneurs and community activists flourish and communities benefit through the implementation of sustainable, locally embedded.
- Creating networking and business mentoring opportunities to help provide continuing support over the medium-long term.
The Spark Programme offers 3 Levels of support:
Level 1 – THINK IT
Support to aspiring entrepreneurs and community activists to help understand the concept of social enterprise and consider it as a new business model.
Level 2 – TRY IT
1-2-1 tailored support and development grants for new and existing social enterprises to help trial and test new ideas or services.
Level 3 – GROW IT
1-2-1 tailored support and development grants and loans for existing social enterprises to help increase impact and build sustainable business models.
For more information about the Spark Programme and how to access the support:
Email: email@example.com Tel: Sue Gilbertson – 07817 609302
The Transforming West Cumbria Spark Programme is delivered in partnership with: