• Grants to support homeless people in Carlisle District
• Funded by a bequest from the estate of Violet Laidlaw, formerly of Scotby and Carlisle. Violet studied home economics and the nursing of sick children. Her philosophy was to be considerate to others, always finding the good points in people and never passing judgement. From a young age she showed a concern for the welfare of the homeless and less fortunate giving support whenever needed and hopefully through her gift this will continue.
Purpose of the Fund:
• to support people made homeless as a result of alcohol and drug addiction, domestic violence, family breakdown and mental ill health
Who can apply?
• charitable groups helping homeless people in Carlisle City Council area
• individuals in need of support
Applications from individuals must be supported by an independent person, preferably from a recognised statutory body or charitable organisation. For more information please contact the Foundation office.
The Fund will not support:
• promotion of religious doctrine
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant will normally be £500 over one year
• individuals will normally only qualify for one award from the Trust
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.