Grants for charitable activities in the former county of Cumberland with a strong preference for groups in and adjacent to the parishes of Rosley and Westward
• the Trust was created by Joyce Wilkinson who lived in Rosley and Westward all her life, enjoyed village life and did a lot of work for her local community
• on her death she left much of her estate to endow a charitable trust to support charitable activities in and around her home
Who can apply?
• groups helping people, particularly those supporting older adults and children and young people
• groups who manage village facilities such as halls, play areas and schools
• groups operating or providing services in or close to the parishes of Rosley and Westward
Examples of activities supported:
• local play groups and nurseries
• equipment and refurbishment for village halls and community buildings
• youth group activities and equipment
• local support group for people affected by heart conditions and strokes
The Fund will not usually support:
• non-charitable sports or arts organisations
• outings except in special circumstances
• promotion of religious doctrine
How much can you apply for?
• there is no maximum and minimum grant
• each application is judged on its merits, in particular in proximity to Rosley and Westward
Cumbria Community Foundation administers this Trust in association with the Trustees of the Joyce Wilkinson Trust.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.