For activities and equipment which support the further education of young people in Cumbria for whom the grant would make all the difference.
The donor advised fund has been set up by Hunter Davies to help young people further their education into University. It also provides funding support to the Lakeland Book of the Year Awards.
What will the fund support?
The bursaries will:
• support Cumbrian students who attend either Trinity School in Carlisle or Cockermouth School
• support academic study costs such as tuition fees, living expenses and equipment
The Lakeland Book of the Year Awards will also receive funding to contribute towards running costs of the event each year
How much is available?
One bursary for each school of £500 available each year
The Lakeland Book of the Year Awards will receive funding to contribute towards running costs of the event each year
Who can apply?
• students are to be nominated by their Head Teacher. Applicants cannot apply directly to this fund
Due to the nature of the fund, household income will be taken into account
When to apply?
• the Head Teacher from Trinity School and Cockermouth School will each identify one student before the end of each Summer Term
• individuals to receive a bursary will be required to report back to the Foundation on their progress
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.