Grants for volunteer-led and charitable groups to support community-based projects of architectural merit in Cumbria that enhance people’s experience and understanding of the built environment. Projects must have full access by the public and have a clear benefit to the community.
Private individual, who created the Fund in memory of her father, who had a long-standing interest in historical architecture.
Who can apply?
• volunteer-led and charitable groups
Examples of projects the Fund would like to support:
• renovation of community features and landmarks, e.g., watering holes, crosses and memorials
• renovation of features of public buildings which have particular architectural merit
• the creation of new work including sculptures and other built features
• reconstructing historical bridleways of significant importance
What the Fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
• major building renovations
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be between £500 – £1,000; however, there is no maximum award amount.
For more information, contact:
Lisa Blackwell, Senior Grants & Programmes Officer, email@example.com or 01900 820827.