The Positive Enterprise programme aims to:
• give young people aged 14-25 years from disadvantaged backgrounds in West Cumbria the opportunity to have their ideas and ambitions heard and the potential to have them realised
• challenge young people to think creatively and in more enterprising ways
• empower young people and give them a voice
• support young people to test out their enterprising ideas
• break down the barriers for aspiring young entrepreneurs, by developing an enterprising culture based on encouragement and support
We’re delighted to have partnered with the Centre for Leadership Performance, a not-for-profit organisation that has shared ambitions for young people in West Cumbria. Several of its existing programmes align with and complement the aims of Positive Enterprise to support, nurture and empower leaders of the future.
Successful applicants will receive expert support, funding and learning opportunities to bring their idea to life. This includes a grant of £1,000, a learning programme including coaching, mentoring and workshops to help young people develop their enterprising ideas and themselves as leaders. They’ll also have the opportunity to learn from local entrepreneurs who’ve created successful initiatives, work alongside a peer group of young people committed to creating positive change and will be linked to other organisations to help them to put their plan into action.
Visit our Positive Enterprise page for details on how to apply.
We’re recruiting local people to become mentors and to help and encourage these young people to prosper. If you would like to be involved, please complete click here.