Enabling the residents of the former county of Westmorland to experience the highest quality of music, drama and the visual arts
Westmorland Arts Trust was set up in 1996 by the provisions in the will of Dr Elizabeth Kemp. Its object is the education of the public in the arts of music, drama and the visual arts. It makes grants to help make available artistic presentation or facilities more widely available to people – particularly young adults and children – in the former county of Westmorland.
Who can apply?
• voluntary and community organisations supporting residents of the former county of Westmorland
• applicants do not need to be based in Westmorland but the activity supported must benefit the residents of the former county
What the Fund will support:
• activities which allow the residents of Westmorland to have access to the arts at the highest level
• applications must have ‘professional’ input and be able to demonstrate artistic excellence. The Trust will prioritise events in more rural areas
• productions supported include lectures, dance, touring theatre, art exhibitions, workshops, art, writing and drama residencies, puppet theatre and music concerts of all kinds
Examples of activities supported:
• schools’ activities for a summer exhibition by the Wordsworth Trust
• children’s concert at the Old Laundry Theatre
• arts projects and artists’ residencies in schools
The Fund will not usually fund:
• activities which have no professional input
• people outside the area of the former county of Westmorland
• activities which benefit only one person
When to apply?
• applications are considered three times a year, in April, June and November
• due dates for the receipt of applications are on our website. Late applications will not be accepted
How much can you apply for?
• the maximum award will be £2,000 but we would expect most awards to be in the region of £750 to £1,000
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org