Grants to help make available artistic presentation or facilities more widely available to people, particularly young adults and children, in the former county of Westmorland so that the residents of the former county of Westmorland experience the highest quality of music, drama and the visual arts.
Westmorland Arts Trust was set up in 1996 by the provisions in the will of Dr Elizabeth Kemp, for the purpose of the education of the public in the arts of music, drama and the visual arts.
Who can apply?
• volunteer-led and community groups supporting residents of the former County of Westmorland
• applicants do not need to be based in Westmorland, but the activity supported must benefit the residents of the former county
• Applications must have ‘professional’ input and be able to demonstrate artistic excellence.
What will the Trust support?
• activities that allow the residents of Westmorland to have access to the Arts at the highest level
• productions including lectures, dance, touring theatre, art exhibitions, workshops, art, writing and drama residencies, puppet theatre and music concerts of all kinds
• The Trust will prioritise events in more rural areas.
Examples of activities supported:
• school activities for a summer exhibition
• choral and orchestral performances
• arts projects and artists’ residencies in schools
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
Grants of up to £5,000 can be awarded.
If you would like further information about this fund please contact:
Lisa Blackwell on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org