Grants to support individuals who live and have a home address in Cumbria for education in the farming, forestry, game-keeping or horticultural industries.
Who can apply?
• individuals studying at Newton Rigg College, as long as they have a home address in Cumbria
• individuals studying in Cumbria
• individuals who live in Cumbria but are studying outside the county at appropriate institutions
Examples of activities supported:
• study materials
• specialist equipment
• exceptional study travel costs
• hardship costs where these enable completion of studies/course
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
• anything that replaces statutory funding
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be about £250; however, awards could be up to £1000.
• Awards will normally be only for a proportion of the anticipated expenditure, e.g. 50%, although, in exceptional circumstances, the full cost might be considered.
• Evidence of anticipated expenditure and match funding sources are required with each application.
If you would like to know more about this fund, please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com