The Swales Trust Fund aims to give support to students being educated for the farming, forestry and horticultural industry, funded by the Trustees of the Swales Trust.
Who can apply?
Priority will be for students studying in Cumbria but also available to people who live in Cumbria but are studying outside the county at appropriate institutions.
Examples of activities supported:
• Study materials
• Specialist equipment
• Exceptional study travel costs
• Hardship costs where these enable completion of studies/course
How much can you apply for?
• Awards will be up to £1,000
• Evidence of anticipated expenditure and match funding sources required • with all application.
• Grants will normally be only for a proportion of the anticipated expenditure (e.g. 50%) excepting that in exceptional circumstances full cost might be considered
The Fund will not support
• Anything that replaces statutory funding
If you would like to know more about this fund, please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com