The fund will support groups and organisations formed and led by local volunteers for whom a grant of under £5000 is a significant investment that will allow them to address local needs and/or create opportunities that make a real difference.
Who can apply?
• Volunteer led grassroots groups who support their communities
• applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• singing for fun workshops
• young carers’ ocean voyage
• refurbishment of community centre
• safety equipment
• recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
• rewiring and suspended ceiling
• junior football club coaching and training
• disabled access
• community market garden
• drop-in club for older people
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the following aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• tackling disadvantage in pockets of deprivation including the 20% most deprived wards
• supporting disadvantaged children and young people
• hidden and emerging need
The Fund will not support:
• statutory organisations eg schools or parish councils
• non-charitable sports or arts
• promotion of religious doctrine
• marketing, advertising or promotion including publications, conferences, exhibition and web design
How much can you apply for?
• There is no minimum or maximum grant, although they would normally be under £1,000 over one year
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.