Easy to access grants for young people (11-21 yrs) wanting support to travel abroad.
Funded by the Mary Grave Trust and administered by Cumbria Community Foundation.
Who can apply?
Individuals 11-21 years (must have attended full time education within the last two years)
• living in the old county of Cumberland
• priority given to those living in Workington, Maryport and Whitehaven areas
This is a means tested grants programme. Applicants’ total gross household income must be less than £539 per week
Examples of activities supported:
• school or youth organisation trips
• gap year activities
• work experience activities
• activities that are part of a further or higher education course
All trips must have an educational element
All grant recipients must report back to the Trust on their experiences and how the grant has helped them.
The Fund will not support:
• individuals born outside the old county of Cumberland
• individuals born in Carlisle (unless mother resident outside Carlisle at the time of birth)
• trips in the UK
• family holidays
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant will normally be £1,012
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org