Grants for young people ages 11-21 from low-income families (total gross household income less than £594 per week) to support travel abroad for educational purposes.
Mary Grave Trust
Who can apply?
• Individuals ages 11-21 who have attended full-time education within the last two years and who were born in the old county of Cumberland. Priority will be given to individuals living in Maryport, Whitehaven and Workington.
• Individuals aged 11-21 whose mother was a resident of the old county of Cumberland at the time of the individual’s birth, and the individual was born in Carlisle
Examples of travel supported:
• school or youth organisation trip abroad
• gap year activities abroad
• work-experience activities abroad
What the Fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
• family holidays
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be between £250 – £1,200 over one year.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Sarah Thompson on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com