The Fund is created by Lord Egremont to support the Egremont family’s long-term involvement in the community as land and business owner.
Who can apply?
Community based organisations providing activities that benefit people in the town of Egremont and Cockermouth and their immediate surrounding.
What the fund will support:
• The provision of facilities for recreation
• Projects that address child poverty, educational participation and attainment of young people
• Projects that provide advice and guidance, particularly around dependency issues
• Projects that reduce isolation and/or address disability issues
• The promotion and enhancement of the local area
We are particularly interested in projects that are volunteer-led or make good use of volunteers to support their work, and initiatives that are rooted within the local community and led by local people responding to local need.
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the following aims:
• Improving the lives of disadvantaged children and families
• Improving the life skills, education, employability and enterprise of disadvantaged people
• Supporting vulnerable older people
• Improving the health and wellbeing of the people of the area of benefit
Please read the Cumbria Revealed document for more information.
How much can you apply for?
The Community Foundation works with Lord Egremont to identify potential projects for support. This fund does not consider applications directly. All relevant applications from projects within the beneficiary area will be considered.
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.