A fund to raise career aspirations of young people in West Cumbria by enabling access to study or vocational training. This programme supports Sellafield’s Socio-economic strategy.
2008 marked the end of BNFL’s ownership of the Sellafield site in West Cumbria. To celebrate their role over the years and to leave a continuing legacy, the company set up the ‘Live the Dream’ Fund to provide opportunities for young people in West Cumbria now and in the future. The fund prioritises educational or training activity which raises aspirations of young people or to help them achieve their career aspirations.
Who can apply?
• individuals aged 11-25 years living in Allerdale or Copeland, with priority given to the 16-25 range
• voluntary and community groups directly benefiting individuals
Household income will be taken into account in assessing applications.
What will the fund support?
• academic study, to improve practical skills or personal development
• grants may be a single award, or a series of awards paid over up to three years and dependent on progress
Examples of activities supported:
• activities that are part of a further or higher education course
• activities leading to vocational qualifications
• bursary support
• travel costs
• purchase of books, materials and computer equipment
The Fund will not usually support:
• Revenue funding
• School trips or family holidays
• Higher education tuition fees and living expenses unless in exceptional circumstances – please contact the office to discuss
• People outside the areas of Allerdale or Copeland
How much can you apply for?
• The maximum award will be £2,000 for individuals (but we would expect most awards to be in the region of £500 to £750) and £10,000 for groups
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.