Funded by a private individual.
The Liddle Thomson Community First Fund aims to support small voluntary and community groups and organisations enabling them to continue or expand their work including advocacy, community voice and service provision for local people in Carlisle and the North Allerdale area.
Who can apply?
• Groups and organisations working with children and young people
• Applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• young carers’ activities
• recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
• junior football club coaching and training
• sports clubs
• performing arts
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the Foundation’s aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• tackling disadvantage in pockets of deprivation including the 20% most deprived wards
• supporting disadvantaged children and young people
• hidden and emerging need
The Fund will not support:
• statutory organisations e.g. schools or parish councils
• non-charitable sports or arts
• promotion of religious doctrine
• marketing, advertising or promotion including publications, conferences, exhibition and web design
How much can you apply for?
• There is no minimum or maximum grant, although they would normally be under £1,000 over one year
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.