Grants to support individuals and volunteer-led and community organisations that support disadvantage. Applications will be considered from the following local authority areas: Allerdale, Carlisle, Eden and South Lakeland.
Who can apply?
• volunteer-led and community organisations supporting disadvantage
• individuals under the age of 30 (household income will be taken into account)
The Fund will support projects which meet one of CCF’s top funding priorities:
• improving the lives of disadvantaged children and families in Cumbria
• improving life skills, education, employability and enterprise for disadvantaged people in Cumbria
• supporting vulnerable older people in Cumbria
• improving the health and wellbeing of the people of Cumbria
• strengthening and supporting fragile communities in Cumbria
• enable people to access arts, sports, culture, heritage and the environment
Priority will be given to projects that:
• help carers of people with dementia
• support artistic excellence in young people
• support young people to fulfil their potential
Examples of projects supported:
• music therapy sessions for disabled children
• training materials for students to increase their skills base and employability
• ‘time-out’ trip for carers of those with mental health issues
• contribution to living costs for a student studying for a MMus (conducting) degree
How much can you apply for?
The maximum grant award will normally be up to £2,500 over one yearuld like to know more about this fund please contact: Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.