Grants to support older people in Carlisle District.
Funded by a bequest from the estate of Janetta T Laidlaw. Janetta, who died in January 2007, was an occupational health specialist who prior to her retirement was employed by the Cumbria Health Authority. She was a compassionate, generous person, expressing a wish that a trust be created to assist older people to remain in their own homes – also providing additional care. Her particular concern was the importance of retaining older people’s dignity.
Who can apply?
• charitable groups helping older people in Carlisle City Council area
• individuals in the area supported by health professionals or social workers
The Trust seeks to assist people experiencing significant hardship. It will support activities or costs which enable older people to remain in their homes and the provision of additional care. Applications from individuals must be supported by a health care professional (e.g. general practitioner or district nurse) or social worker.
The Fund will not usually support:
• promotion of religious doctrine
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant will normally be £500 over one year
• individuals will normally only qualify for one award from the Trust
If you wish to apply for a larger amount please talk to Foundation staff first.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.