Vocational grants for students and trainees
• the Trust was set up in the 1930s to enable incoming firms to train labour in what was the West Cumberland Development Area
• the Trustees subsequently amended the criteria to assist students and trainees
• the Trust’s assets were transferred to the Community Foundation in 2007 to create the Gibb Charitable Trust Fund
Who can apply?
• Individuals over 16 years having been resident and/or employed for not less than two years in the Borough of Copeland, the District of Allerdale (excluding the parish of Keswick) or the parish of Alston Moor
Examples of activities supported:
• hairdressing kit and uniform for a college course
• summer school courses
• work experience activities
• activities that are part of a further or higher education course
The Fund will not usually support:
• outings except in special circumstances
• promotion of religious doctrine
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant will normally be £300
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.