Grants to support students and trainees in vocational studies.
The Gibb Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in the 1930s to enable incoming firms to train labour in what was the West Cumberland Development Area. The Trustees subsequently amended the criteria to assist students and trainees. The Trust’s assets were transferred to Cumbria Community Foundation in 2007 to create The Gibb Charitable Trust Fund.
Who can apply?
• individuals aged 16 years and over who have been a resident and/or employed for not less than two years in the Borough of Copeland, the District of Allerdale (excluding the parish of Keswick), or the Parish of Alston Moor
Priority will be given to activities which support:
• the advancement of education
• provide employment skills for disadvantaged individuals
Examples of activities supported:
• hairdressing kit and uniform for a college course
• work experience activities
• activities that are part of a further or higher education course
• equipment and travel costs
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be £500 over one year.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Lisa Blackwell, Grants & Programmes Officer, email@example.com or 01900 820828