Funded by an anonymous donor.
The fund aims to support small voluntary and community groups and organisations (grassroots groups) enabling them to continue or expand their work including advocacy, community voice and service provision for local people throughout Cumbria, with a preference to rural areas
Who can apply?
• groups and organisations benefiting 16-25 year olds and also those working to improve the quality of life for elderly people
• applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• singing for fun workshops
• young carers’ ocean voyage
• refurbishment of community centre
• safety equipment
• recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
• rewiring and suspended ceiling
• junior football club coaching and training
• disabled access
• community market garden
• drop-in club for older people
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the Grassroots aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• tackling disadvantage in pockets of deprivation including the 20% most deprived wards
• supporting disadvantaged children and young people
• hidden and emerging need
The Fund will not support:
• statutory organisations, e.g. schools or parish councils
• non-charitable sports or arts
• promotion of religious doctrine
• marketing, advertising or promotion including publications, conferences, exhibition and web design
How much can you apply for?
• normally the grant would be under £1,000 over one year, however there is no minimum or maximum grant
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.