The fund supports groups and organisations formed and led by local volunteers for whom a grant of under £5000 is a significant investment that will allow them to address local needs and/or create opportunities that make a real difference.
Priority is given to Kingstown in Carlisle and the surrounding area.
Who can apply?
• volunteer led grassroots groups who support their community in the benefit of the area
• grants to larger organisations or larger grants are not precluded as long as they result in projects being run in the local community that deliver the required outcomes
• applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• singing for fun workshops
• equipment for a youth project
• safety equipment
• recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
• upgrading of a well-used community building
• junior football club coaching and training
• disabled access
• community market garden
• drop-in club for older people
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the following aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• improving life skills, education and employability
• supporting disadvantaged children and young people
• supporting vulnerable older people
• supporting fragile communities
The Fund will not support:
• statutory organisations, e.g. schools
• non-charitable sports or arts
• promotion of religious doctrine
How much can you apply for?
• normally the grant would be under £1,000 over one year, however there is no minimum or maximum grant
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.