This Fund is fully spent and will not be making any further awards until April 2019.
Grants for benefit of the residents of the town of Kendal for the relief of need, hardship or distress.
The Dowker Bindloss Charity was formed in 1987 from the merger of two long-established charities: Miss Dowker’s Spinsters Hospital established in 1831 and the will of Agnes Sarah Bindloss set up in 1895.
Trusteeship of the charity was transferred from Kendal Town Council to Cumbria Community Foundation in April 2012.
Who can apply?
• voluntary and community organisations supporting residents of Kendal
• applicants do not need to be based in Kendal but the activity supported must benefit the residents of the town.
What will the fund support?
• activities which help people facing disadvantage
Examples of eligible activities:
• singing for fun workshops
• young carers’ ocean voyage
• refurbishment of community centre
• disabled access
• community market garden
• drop-in club for older people
The fund will not usually support applications for:
• non-charitable sports or arts organisations
• promotion of religious doctrine
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant size usually £500 over one year
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.