Grants for voluntary and community organisations which provide relief for need, hardship or distress for the residents of Kendal.
The Dowker Bindloss Charity, which was formed in 1987 from the merger of Miss Dowker’s Spinsters Hospital (est. 1831) and the Will of Agnes Sarah Bindloss (1895). Trusteeship of the Charity was transferred from Kendal Town Council to Cumbria Community Foundation in April 2012.
Who can apply?
• voluntary and community organisations supporting residents of Kendal
• voluntary and community organisations based outside of Kendal as long as the activity supported benefits the residents of Kendal
Priority will be given to projects which:
• help people facing disadvantage
Examples of projects supported:
• refurbishment of community facility for homeless people
• counselling service for victims of domestic abuse
• climbing wall for children and young people with disabilities
• intergenerational art project for visually impaired people
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be £500 or less over one year.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.