This Fund is fully spent and will not be making any further awards until April 2019.
Created through an anonymous legacy gift of £1.2m. The donor was a retired teacher who care passionately about helping young people.
Individual Awards to make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged young people in Cumbria by supporting study or vocational training
Who can apply?
• individuals aged 14-22 years living in Cumbria with priority given to young people from Barrow and Carlisle
• applicants will need to provide evidence of excellence in their chosen fields and/or evidence of how you will/are raising aspirations
• household income will be taken into account in assessing applications
What will the fund support?
• academic study or the development of practical skills.
Examples of activities supported:
• activities that are part of a further or higher education course
• activities leading to vocational qualifications
• sporting or artistic excellence
• purchase of books, materials and computer equipment
The fund will not usually support:
• school trips or family holidays
• people from within Allerdale or Copeland (if you live in these areas your application will be considered through the Live the Dream Fund)
How much can you apply for?
• the maximum award will be £2,000 but we would expect most awards to be in the region of £500 to £750
• grants may be a single award, or a series of awards paid over up to three years and dependent on progress
• if you wish to apply for a multi-year grant, please talk to Foundation staff before applying
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email: email@example.com.