Grants for groups providing support to people with disabilities. The original Fund was set up to assist the workers at the Workshops for the Blind in Carlisle. In the 1980s, the Workshops extended their work to include people with all disabilities and the terms of the Fund were widened accordingly.
The Fund was transferred to Cumbria Community Foundation by Cumbria County Council in 2008.
Who can apply?
• groups providing support to disabled people
Priority will be given to projects which:
• provide activities and equipment for disabled people in Cumbria
• support vocational work and training for disabled people in the Carlisle area
Examples of projects supported:
• cookery lessons for people with learning difficulties
• accredited training for people with disabilities
• active sports development programme
• equipment to assist a blind person when training
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be less than £1,000 over one year; however, there is no minimum or maximum award amount.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Sarah Thompson on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org