Cumbria warmly welcomes millions of visitors every year. The Cumbria Home from Home Fund provides an opportunity for owners of second homes and holiday homes to give back to the communities that host their properties by converting their donation into much needed grants to local community projects that will help maintain the quality of community life enjoyed in our towns and villages.
Grants are available to organisations in and around the Lake District that improve the health, wellbeing and employment prospects of residents by addressing social and rural isolation or projects that improve the economic outcomes and sustainability of local communities.
Funded by donations from holiday and second homeowners, and other business owners that benefit from visitor income, and visitors to Cumbria who appreciate their Lake District experience and would like to sustain the communities that welcome them.
Who can apply?
• charitable, not-for-profit organisations
Priority will be given to projects that:
• support younger people
• offer education and training
• address issues facing rural communities
• provide opportunities for people to engage in local community activities
• are aligned to the Lake District National Park Partnership Management Plan 2020-2025 where appropriate.
Examples of projects supported:
• training and employment opportunities for young people to access skills and jobs, identify opportunities and build self-esteem
• activities for older people suffering from dementia, hardship, or loneliness
• well-being and mental health projects
• activities to encourage and enable people to access the outdoors, particularly those with disabilities
• village halls and other community support initiatives
What the Fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
• Grants will normally be between £1,000 – £5,000
For more information, contact
Sarah Thompson on 01900 820821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org