The Foundation is a separate charity of which Cumbria Community Foundation is a trustee.
• to support the education of young people
• activities that educate young people aged under 25 who live or whose parents live in the former county of Cumberland (Copeland, Allerdale, Carlisle and the northern part of Eden districts)
Who can apply?
• Individuals under the age of 25
• Voluntary and community groups directly benefiting individuals
What will the Fund support?
• Academic study or the development of practical skills
Grants may be a single award, or a series of awards paid over up to three years and dependent on progress.
Examples of activities supported:
• activities that are part of a further or higher education course
• activities leading to vocational qualifications
• purchase of books, materials and computer equipment, travel costs and scholarship fees
The Fund will not support:
• statutory organisations e.g. schools or parish councils
• non-charitable activities
• promotion of religious doctrine
• people outside the geographic area of the former county of Cumberland
How much can you apply for?
• There is no upper or lower limit but grants would usually be under £1,000 over one year
• Income is taken into account in assessing applications
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.