Funded by the Cumberland and Westmorland Herald.
Who can apply?
• groups benefiting people living in the Herald’s main circulation area (including Penrith, Appleby in Westmorland, Kirkby Stephen and Alston)
• groups helping people facing disadvantage
• applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• riding for the disabled
• community garden
• exercise classes for older people
• camping equipment for young people’s group
• disability sports
The Fund will not support:
• non-charitable sports or arts
• outings except in special circumstances
• promotion of religious doctrine
• revenue costs except where it can be shown that a grant will help the sustainability of the group
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant will normally be £500 over one year
• projects should cost no more than £25,000
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.