Grants to support and improve the lives and opportunities of disadvantaged children and young people.
Area of benefit:
• priority given to those living in Wigton and in the villages and rural communities around Wigton.
• application may be considered from the wider West Cumbria area, in exceptional need.
Who can apply?
• young individuals, voluntary and community organisations tackling disadvantage
Priority will be given to projects that:
• promote life skills
• support young people to fulfill their potential
• personal development
• tackle disadvantage in rural communities
• support disadvantaged children and young people
• support youth sports teams where it is helping young people to develop • positively as individuals and working in teams
What will the fund support?
• groups who encourage personal development, self-confidence and employability skills particularly among disadvantaged young people
• individuals undertaking accredited and non-accredited training
activities that prevent children and young people developing problems that lead to difficulties later in life.
The Fund will not normally support applications for:
• non-charitable sports or arts
• vehicle purchase costs
• statutory organisations
• promotion of religious doctrine
How much can you apply for?
There will be no maximum or minimum grant level, however;
•grants for individuals will be considered for between £250 and £1,000 initially (dependent upon fund availability and identified need)
•grants for organisations can only be awarded as funding allows
If you would like to know more about this fund, please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com