This fund is fully spent and will not be accepting applications until April 2020. EDF Energy Renewables set up the fund to support local communities located close to the Beck Burn Wind Farm
Who can apply?
• Applications are welcomed from voluntary or community groups within a 5K radius of the Beck Burn wind farm. Those within a 10K radius may also apply as long as they can demonstrate benefit to the 5K area.
• Individuals within a 5K radius of the Beck Burn wind farm.
How much is available and who can apply?
The fund is divided into three elements:
1. Standard grants will be between £1,000 – £20,000 (larger multi-year grants will also be considered).
2. Small grants of up to £1,000, administered through each of the Parish/Community Councils of Rockcliffe, Westlinton, Arthuret, Kirkandrews on Esk, Springfield & Gretna Green, Kirkpatrick Fleming & District, Canonbie & District and Gretna & Rigg.
3. Education & training grants, including bursaries, travel, equipment and training.
Examples of activities the fund would like to support:
• Projects identified as needed by the local communities, encompassing all age groups
• Projects which are community based and/or community led
• Environmental sustainability
• Improvements to community facilities
• Biodiversity and habitat conservation
• Health and wellbeing
• Sports and recreation
• Culture & Heritage
• Projects involving energy conservation and increased use of renewables
What the fund will not support:
• The advancement of religion
• The advancement of any party political activity
• Projects that are the exclusive responsibility of statutory authorities
• Projects that have an adverse impact on renewable energy/wind farm activities
If you would like to know more about this fund, please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org