EDF Energy Renewables set up the fund to support local communities located close to the Beck Burn Wind Farm
Who can apply?
• Applications are welcomed from voluntary or community groups within a 5K radius of the Beck Burn wind farm. Those within a 10K radius may also apply as long as they can demonstrate benefit to the 5K area.
• Individuals within a 5K radius of the Beck Burn wind farm.
How much is available and who can apply?
The fund is divided into three elements:
1. Standard grants will be between £1,000 – £20,000 (larger multi-year grants will also be considered).
2. Small grants of up to £1,000, administered through each of the Parish/Community Councils of Rockcliffe, Westlinton, Arthuret, Kirkandrews on Esk, Springfield & Gretna Green, Kirkpatrick Fleming & District, Canonbie & District and Gretna & Rigg.
3. Education & training grants, including bursaries, travel, equipment and training.
Examples of activities the fund would like to support:
• Projects identified as needed by the local communities, encompassing all age groups
• Projects which are community based and/or community led
• Environmental sustainability
• Improvements to community facilities
• Biodiversity and habitat conservation
• Health and wellbeing
• Sports and recreation
• Culture & Heritage
• Projects involving energy conservation and increased use of renewables
What the fund will not support:
• The advancement of religion
• The advancement of any party political activity
• Projects that are the exclusive responsibility of statutory authorities
• Projects that have an adverse impact on renewable energy/wind farm activities
If you would like to know more about this fund, please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org