Grants for groups with small projects which provide activities in Barrow. Priority will be given to groups in the wards of Barrow Island, Central, Hindpool, Ormsgill, and Risedale.
Heart of Barrow Initiative and individual contributions
Who can apply?
• registered charities
• charitable unincorporated organisations
• community interest companies
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the following aims:
• advancement of education
• relief of poverty
• benefits to health
• social inclusion
• raising aspirations
Examples of projects supported:
• improvement of community facilities
• social inclusion activities for older people
• education projects for disadvantaged people
• IT equipment and training sessions for use by the community
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be less than £1,000 over one year, but could be greater if the project benefits more people in the priority areas listed above.
If you would like further information about this Fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.