Grants for charitable activities that benefit people over the age of 55 in the local authorities of Allerdale, Carlisle and Eden.
Abbeyfield Carlisle Society Limited
Who can apply?
• volunteer groups that work with older people
• charitable not-for-profit organisations that support people over the age of 55
Priority will be given to projects that:
• tackle disadvantage in rural communities
• tackle disadvantage in pockets of deprivation, including the 20% most-deprived wards
• reduce isolation for older people
• improve the health and wellbeing of people over the age of 55
Examples of projects supported:
• exercise classes for older people
• befriending or social activities to reduce isolation
• equipment for a community centre that will also benefit older people
• improvement of community facilities to improve access for older people
• IT classes and digital education for older people
What the Fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be less than £5,000 over one year, however, there is no minimum or maximum award amount. Please contact Ellen Clements if you would like to discuss applying for a higher award amount.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements, Senior Grants & Programmes Officer on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com