Funded by the trustees of the former Carlisle Abbeyfield Society.
Grants that would benefit people over the age of 55, living in the Carlisle, Allerdale and Eden Local Authority areas.
Who can apply?
• Volunteer led grassroots groups who support their local community
• applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• singing for fun workshops
• older people’s exercise classes
• equipment for a community centre that will also benefit older people.
• recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
• disabled access
• community market garden
• drop-in club for older people
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the following aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• tackling disadvantage in pockets of deprivation including the 20% most deprived wards
• hidden and emerging need
• statutory organisations e.g. schools or parish councils
• non-charitable sports
• promotion of religious doctrine
• marketing, advertising or promotion including publications, conferences, exhibition and web design
How much can you apply for?
• There is no minimum or maximum grant, although they would normally be under £1,000 over one year
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org