Funded by the trustees of the former Carlisle Abbeyfield Society.
Grants that would benefit people living in the Carlisle, Allerdale and Eden Local Authority areas.
Who can apply?
• Volunteer led grassroots groups who support their local community
• Applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• singing for fun workshops
• older people’s exercise classes
• equipment for a community centre that will also benefit older people.
• recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
• disabled access
• community market garden
• drop-in club for older people
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the following aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• tackling disadvantage in pockets of deprivation including the 20% most deprived wards
• hidden and emerging need
• statutory organisations e.g. schools or parish councils
• non-charitable sports
• promotion of religious doctrine
• marketing, advertising or promotion including publications, conferences, exhibition and web design
How much can you apply for?
• There is no minimum or maximum grant, although they would normally be under £1,000 over one year
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com