Grants for community-benefit societies and small locally-focussed charitable organisations in northern Cumbria in the areas of Keswick, Cockermouth, Aspatria, and Wigton, with a priority in and around the village of Ireby. Exceptional projects outside the priority area which fit the donor’s interests will also be considered.
The Gurney family
Who can apply?
• community-benefit societies
• registered charities
• community interest companies (limited by guarantee only)
Priority will be given to activities which support:
• the advancement of education
• relief of poverty
• health benefits
• heritage of local buildings
• natural history and wildlife
• arts projects
Examples of activities supported:
• activities for young people
• hire of road matting for Ireby Festival
• art exhibition celebrating women of Cumbria
• outreach services
What the fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be £1000 or less over one year.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.