- This event has passed.
Launch of Furness Needs Report – Opportunities and Challenges.
1st July 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
1st July 2021, 4-5pm
Launch of Cumbria Community Foundation’s new report: Furness – Opportunities and Challenges.
The report outlines the needs of communities in the Furness area, contains input from people across the area and highlights the role of community and charitable organisations in strengthening our communities and supporting those in greatest need.
It is an important new resource to support and inform investment in the area and a tool for local organisations to use in securing funds and planning work together.
The event will introduce the findings of the report and opportunities to make positive change in the area. We will hear from:
- Simon Fell, Member of Parliament for Barrow and Furness
- Sam Plum, Chief Executive, Barrow Borough Council
- Julie Barton, Forge Europa and former High Sheriff of Cumbria
- Tony Keen, Managing Director of SN Group and Trustee of Cumbria Community Foundation
- Janet Garner, Head of HR, Skills and Academy Principal BAE Systems Submarines
To confirm your place at the event, please register online using this Eventbrite link.