24th March 2015
The Community Foundation provides high quality philanthropic services (grant making) to a wide range of public, corporate and individual donors. It has built its long term funds to over £12.5m and distributes in excess of £2.1m pa to local community groups and individuals. After a review of the Foundation’s development activities new ambitious targets have been set to significantly increase long term funds. This post has been created to support this work.
Title: Executive Assistant – Development
Reporting to: The Chief Executive
Terms: 37.5 hours/week
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum
Overall Job Purpose
This role underpins the work of the Development team, undertaking research, managing data, providing information and providing practical support to staff and trustees. They will work with and support the Chief Executive and Business Development Manager plus a core group of trustees.
The Executive Assistant (Development) will become fully familiar with the people and organisations that the Foundation is building relationships with and contribute to the planning and coordination of Development activities.
Information Systems and Research
- Manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) aspects of the D2 (Salesforce) database, working with colleagues to ensure it provides timely and accurate information in support of Development.
- Ensure CCF is fully compliant with Data Protection legislation.
- Research potential donors and produce briefing papers as required.
- Research and analyse donor’s interests and giving trends and generate information to inform Development activities.
- Analyse development performance and income streams providing information to inform the Development Plan.
- Develop the CRM database so that it can track all of our donors; i.e. fund holders, Winter Warmth, and event participants (e.g. Big Sleep and Rivers Ride).
- Work with the Marketing intern to collect and collate relevant community information from grant case studies, local and national media and relevant reports.
- Manage and support the delivery of CCF development related events, such as the Annual General Meeting and dinner and fund holder receptions.
- Support lead trustees on promoting the identification and transfer of small and dormant trusts.
- Provide key information on donor giving for the Winter Warmth Appeal and ensure the Foundation has up to date information on issues relating to fuel poverty etc.
Direct Support Responsibilities
Administrative support to the Chief Executive (CE) Business Development Manager (BDM) and trustees including:
- Preparation of papers and minute taking for Development Committee meetings.
- Maintain as appropriate trustee ‘action plans’.
- Drafting letters, arranging meetings and diary management for the Chief Executive and Business Development Manager.
- Preparation of presentations and written material in support of bids and proposals to potential donors.
- Ensure that key promotional material is accurate and up to date.
- Input to donation acknowledgement and feedback.
- Develop and maintain effective communications with other members of staff and trustees.
- Keep abreast of developments across the charity sector by liaising with senior staff in other charities. Where appropriate, attend external seminars and workshops on behalf of the Foundation.
- To work closely with the Administrators to provide cover and support during leave/absence or particularly busy periods
Applicants with Disabilities
The Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. However candidates need to be aware that the office accommodation is situated on the first floor of an office building and therefore it is not possible for wheelchair users and people unable to climb stairs to work in our offices.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8 May 12 noon
The full job description for this role is available here.
Download the Application Form and return accompanied by a covering letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Cumbria Community Foundation, Dovenby Hall, Dovenby, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 OPN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark letters private and confidential.