9th July 2012
Well, a cycle event came right through our village yesterday. What excitement! I went out to see if I could pick up any tips and here’s what I learnt:
1. Male cyclists seem to have muscles on top of their muscles. Don’t know about the women because there didn’t appear to be any!
2. Rain is not good…… not good at all
3. The organisers put out signs saying “POTHOLE”. There were hundreds of ’em!!
4. If there is a Check Point near a pub, it is perfectly de rigour to re-fuel with a pint …. or two.
5. There were NO bikes like Florence…. not even one! Perhaps I should re-think my strategy???
I’m off to rehearse the Check Point manouvres while I give it some thought.