Grants for groups which support the development on young people, focussing on young people from challenging backgrounds across the county. Projects must have an emphasis on using the outdoors to expand horizons and self-confidence and work with specific groups of young people over a period rather than single one-off sessions or events. Funding will also support the development of leadership qualities in young people, especially those who have the potential to inspire their peer group and/or their own communities.
Who can apply?
• charitable, not-for-profit organisations
Examples of projects supported:
• outdoor learning experiences that offer opportunities for personal and learning skills development
• activities that develop leadership skills and peer to peer support
• bespoke training opportunities which support young people to overcome their barriers and build their attainment, ambition and aspirations
• activities leading to accredited qualifications
What the Fund will not support in addition to our normal exclusions:
• single one-off sessions or events
How much can you apply for?
Grants will normally be less than £20,000 over one year; however, there is no minimum or maximum award amount. Grants may be a single award, or a series of awards paid over up to three years and dependent on progress.
For more information, contact Annalee Holliday, Senior Grants & Programmes Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or 01900 825760