Grants to support the development of young people and communities in Eden area of Cumbria.
Funded by Westmorland Limited
Purpose of the Fund:
• To support community projects in the travel to work area for Westmorland Limited. Priority areas for the fund are Appleby, Kirkby Stephen, Brough, Tebay, Shap & Penrith
• To support the development of young people by enabling them to maximise their skills, knowledge, incomes, self-confidence and employability
• Promoting learning, personal development, innovation and enterprise
• Activities that support initiatives that promote enterprise and local food
Who can apply?
• Groups helping to assist youth opportunities
• Groups who manage village facilities such as halls and play areas and allotments
• Charitable community organisations operating or providing services in the Eden area
Examples of the sorts of projects the Fund would like to assist:
• Skills development for young people
• Projects that help to alleviate disadvantage
• Well used community facilities
• Local playgroups and nurseries
• Youth group activities and equipment
• Intergeneration projects
• Training for young people to improve employment opportunities
• Community regeneration
The Fund will not support:
• Direct replacement of statutory obligations
• Retrospective grants
How much can you apply for?
• The minimum grant is £500, however there will be no maximum grant level. However for larger grants we recommend you speak to us before putting in an application
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.