Grants to support community projects brought forward by Westmorland Limited staff
Funded by Westmorland Limited
Applications to be put forward by a staff member of Westmorland LTD
Purpose of the Fund:
• to support community projects in the travel to work area for Westmorland Limited, especially the communities of Tebay, Orton, Shap, Penrith, Kirkby Stephen, Stainton and Appleby
Who can apply?
• groups helping people, especially those supporting older adults, children and young people
• groups who manage village facilities such as halls and play areas
• groups operating or providing services in the eligible communities
Examples of the sorts of projects the Fund would like to assist:
• community events
• local playgroups and nurseries
• youth group activities and equipment
• luncheon clubs for older people
• first responder groups
Applications for funding must be made through a member of staff of Westmorland Limited. There will be two grant meetings per year – April and October – but small awards may be made on a fast-track basis where urgency is demonstrated.
The Fund will not support:
• promotion of religious doctrine
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• the average grant is expected to be £500, however there will be no maximum or minimum grant level
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.