Grants for groups to provide patient transport to COVID-19 vaccination hubs in North Cumbria CCG area (i.e. for patients registered with a North Cumbria CCG GP).
North Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Group (North Cumbria CCG)
Who can apply?
Voluntary and community organisations providing patient transport to the following COVID-19 vaccination hubs only:
Brampton Community Centre
North Carlisle Medical Practice
Morton Surgery Carlisle
Castlegate and Derwent Surgery Cockermouth
Maryport Rugby Club
Copeland Flatwalks Surgery
Workington Orchard House Surgery
What the Fund will support:
• volunteer transport costs at a mileage rate of 30 pence per mile
• PPE for volunteer drivers
• sanitiser to clean vehicles between journeys
Groups MUST comply with the following Fund conditions:
• ensure that the necessary risk assessments have been undertaken and that appropriate infection prevention and control measures are used (to see North Cumbria CCG guidance click here); and
• confirm that they have the necessary safeguarding measures in place to protect vulnerable patients and volunteers; and
• confirm that all community transport vehicles and/or volunteer vehicles are adequately insured and maintained; and
• ensure volunteer drivers have appropriate licences; and
• confirm that patients requiring transport do not have access to a car or family support at the time of their appointment; and
• keep a record of patient journeys undertaken to inform North Cumbria CCG monitoring.
What the Fund will not support:
• non-charitable organisations
• statutory organisations
How much can you apply for?
The maximum amount of an award will be £500. Applications for retrospective costs will be considered. Groups are eligible to reapply if required.
To apply, please complete the application form available here.
For more information, contact:
Ellen Clements, Senior Grants & Donor Services Officer
email@example.com or 01900 825760