Grants for not-for-profit or charitable activities for communities located close to the Kirkby Moor Wind Farm.
Who can apply?
• volunteer-led, community groups or local partnerships which benefit communities within eight kilometres from the Kirkby Moor Wind Farm.
Please view the area of benefit before applying: Kirkby Moor Wind Farm Area of Benefit. Priority will be given to projects located in the red area.
What type of projects can be funded?
Charitable, community activities that are:
• environmental or
• educational or
• sporting or
• amenity or
• supporting of equal opportunities
Examples of activities the Fund would like to support:
• projects that promote and/or implement the sustainable use of energy and resources
• environmental improvements to community facilities
• projects to improve the energy efficiency of residents on low incomes
• projects to improve the energy efficiency of community facilities
• community composting schemes
• projects that promote local produce and reduce food miles
• hedge restoration and wildflower planting schemes
• free events which educate and inform people on efficient use of resources and energy
How much can you apply for?
The minimum grant is £500. In exceptional circumstances, a single grant of £10,000 may be awarded in one year. Multi-year applications will also be considered.
If you would like further information about this fund please contact:
Lisa Blackwell on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com