Grants for not-for-profit or charitable activities for communities located close to the Kirkby Moor Wind Farm.
Who can apply?
• volunteer-led, community groups or local partnerships which benefit communities within eight kilometres from the Kirkby Moor Wind Farm. Please view the area of benefit on the Cumbria Community Foundation website before applying: Kirkby Moor Wind Farm Area of Benefit. Priority will be given to projects located in the red area.
What type of projects can be funded?
Charitable, community activities that are:
• environmental or
• educational or
• sporting or
• amenity or
• supporting of equal opportunities
Examples of activities the Fund would like to support:
• projects that promote and/or implement the sustainable use of energy and resources
• environmental improvements to community facilities
• projects to improve the energy efficiency of residents on low incomes
• projects to improve the energy efficiency of community facilities
• community composting schemes
• projects that promote local produce and reduce food miles
• hedge restoration and wildflower planting schemes
• free events which educate and inform people on efficient use of resources and energy
How much can you apply for?
The minimum grant is £500. In exceptional circumstances, a single grant of £10,000 may be awarded in one year. Multi-year applications will also be considered.
If you would like to know more about this fund, please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com