A fund for charitable activities for local communities located close to the Kirkby Moor Wind Farm. Funded by Kirkby Moor Wind Farm, operated by Innogy Renewables UK Ltd (innogy).
Who can apply?
• voluntary or community groups or local partnerships which benefit communities less than six kilometres from the wind farm including Beanthwaite, Broughton Beck, Broughton in Furness, Foxfield, Gawthwaite, Grizebeck, Kirkby in Furness, Lowick Bridge, Soutergate and Spark Bridge but excluding Askam in Furness and Ulverston (please contact us if you are not sure whether you are eligible)
What can be funded?
Charitable, community activities that are:
• Environmental or
• Community-related or
Preference will be given to projects that promote and/or implement the sustainable use of energy and resources.
Examples of activities the Fund will support:
• improving the energy efficiency of community facilities
• environmental improvements to community facilities
• free information events on better use of resources and energy
• projects to improve the energy efficiency of residents on low incomes
• community composting schemes
• projects that promote local produce and reduce food miles
• hedge restoration and wildflower planting schemes
The Fund will not support activities that:
• relate to the advancement of religion
• relate to the advancement of any party political activity
• Are anti-renewable energy.
How much can you apply for?
• we anticipate that the average grant will be in the region of £2,500 over one year, however there is no maximum or minimum grant
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.