This fund is fully spent and will not be accepting applications until April 2021.
Easy-to-access grants for small projects.
Funded by Cumbria Community Foundation long term capital funds
Who can apply?
• groups helping younger people facing disadvantage
• applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
Examples of activities supported:
• equipment for a family group
• funding to provide uniforms
• music and arts projects
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the Foundation’s aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• tackling disadvantage in pockets of deprivation including the 20% most deprived wards
• supporting disadvantaged children and young people
• hidden and emerging need
and key groups:
• young people with mental health needs
• children and young people
• people on low incomes
Environmental matters and sustainability are considered as part of the grant making process
The Fund will not support:
• non-charitable sports or arts
• outings except in special circumstances
• promotion of religious doctrine
• revenue costs except where it can be shown that a grant will help the sustainability of the group
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• minimum grant £100 a year
• maximum grant £1,000 a year
We also administer a number of small funds using the same criteria which cover specific areas or ages (e.g. CN Group Fund, Cumberland and Westmorland Herald Fund, Foundation Grants, Russell Armer Fund) and will automatically consider appropriate applications
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Gary Higgs on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org