Easy-to-access grants for groups who want to take local actions that contribute to tackling global and environmental issues.
Funded by the HSBC Bank plc who have donated funds to the Cumbria Community Foundation since 2000. The HSBC Environment Fund is expected to generate about £2,000 for grant making each year.
Who can apply?
• organisations based in and benefiting residents and visitors to Cumbria
• voluntary or community groups or local partnerships
Priorities for this fund are projects and initiatives that promote or implement:
• sustainable use of energy and energy efficiency
• sustainable use of other resources
• reducing climate change
• nature conservation
Examples of activities the Fund would like to support:
• free information events about sustainable energy e.g. domestic solar or wind power
• projects to improve the energy efficiency of residents on low incomes
• community transport initiatives
• small scale recycling projects including furniture, clothing, and paint
• information about sustainable lifestyles e.g. local producers
• free practical workshops about composting methods
• hedge restoration and wildflower planting schemes
The Fund will not support:
• enhancement of habitat for sporting purposes
• playground or school ground improvements
• zoos, captive breeding and animal rescue centres
• site improvements
• beautification competitions (e.g. villages in bloom)
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant will normally be £1,000 over one year
• grants of up to £500 may be fast tracked in exceptional circumstances
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Ellen Clements on 01900 825760 or email email@example.com.