Grants to support young people from low income families to participate in sport and foreign travel.
The Fund was established in memory of Dora Beeforth, the wife of the Foundation’s first Director. Dora was born in Cumbria and attended the Lakes School in Windermere. She enjoyed the outdoors, was a volunteer warden with the Lake District National Park and a volunteer with Cumbria Youth Theatre. She was also a keen runner and orienteer. The Fund was created in her memory to enable children and young people to experience activities and opportunities which they otherwise would not be able to afford.
Who can apply?
• young people between 11 and 21 and organisations working with young people
• applications from individuals should set out how and why a trip will benefit them
This is a means tested grants programme. Applicants’ total household income must be less than £678 per week
The fund will not usually support:
• family holidays
• trips in the UK under three days’ duration
• activities which involve the promotion of religious doctrine
• vehicle purchase costs
How much can you apply for?
• maximum grant will normally be £1,000 over one year
• individuals will normally only qualify for one award from the Fund
• if you wish to apply for a larger amount please talk to Foundation staff before applying
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Lisa Blackwell on 01900 820828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org