Funded by Doosan Babcock
• to support small voluntary and community groups and organisations (grass roots groups) enabling them to continue or expand their work including advocacy, community voice and service provision for local people in Doosan Babcock’s employee residence (Allerdale, Copeland, Barrow and Carlisle)
Who can apply?
• groups helping people facing disadvantage
• applications from new and small groups are particularly welcome
What the fund will support:
Community facilities and projects that:
• help people learn new things and increase their personal confidence e.g.
– accredited and non-accredited training
– community champions
– getting people involved in children’s learning outside of school
– visits to museums and art galleries
– mentoring and peer support
• get people involved in their community, e.g.
– improving community venues
– intergenerational initiatives
– interfaith activities
– increasing the use of arts and sports projects
– volunteer development
• make the community a better place to live, e.g.
– creating new community gardens
– tidying up local eyesores
– reducing anti-social behaviour
Priority will be given to projects which support one of the Grassroots aims:
• tackling disadvantage in rural communities
• tackling disadvantage in pockets of deprivation including the 20% most deprived wards
• supporting disadvantaged children and young people
• hidden and emerging need
What the fund will not support:
• statutory organisations, e.g. schools or parish councils
• non-charitable sports or arts
• promotion of religious doctrine
• marketing, advertising or promotion including publications, conferences, exhibition and web design
How much can you apply for?
• normally the grant would be under £1,000 over one year, however there is no minimum or maximum grant
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email: email@example.com.