Cumbria Housing Partners set up the fund to support projects that will help improve the lives of people in their members’ neighbourhoods.
Applications are considered up to four times a year by the Employment & Skills Group.
Who can apply?
Community based organisations providing activities that benefit tenants and residents, and individuals living in the neighbourhoods serviced by the businesses member organisations*.
What the fund will support
Projects which support one or more of the following outcomes:
• Organisations which are improving people’s education and employability. Activities which offer apprenticeships and work based training.
• Individuals aged 16 or over who wish to undertake work-based education or training to improve their employability.
Increasing community capacity and social inclusion. Activities which provide advice and guidance, support and engage people in their local community, and improve community facilities.
What the fund will not support
• Computers and building work except in exceptional circumstances
• Vehicle purchase costs
• Non-charitable activities
• Promotion of religious doctrine
How much can you apply for?
• The minimum grant will be £1,000 for groups and the normal maximum grant will be £10,000 but in exceptional circumstances strategic grants of up to £25,000 will be considered.
• The maximum grant for individuals is £500 and income is considered when assessing applications
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Annalee Holliday on 01900 825760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org