Place Based Services Programme
The Place Based Services Programme (formerly Neighbourhood Care Independence Programme) is funded by Cumbria County Council and managed by Cumbria Community Foundation. It is a partnership of third sector delivery organisations across the county, providing a range of practical help and advice services for adults of any age, but in particular for older people.
Its aim is to provide people with support and advice on issues such as:
- Handy person support for minor DIY tasks such as changing light bulbs, mowing the lawn or shopping
- Linking to friendship groups through good neighbourhood schemes and telephone contact for those who are lonely or isolated
- Helping people to join in with social and leisure groups in the local community
- helping people to set up their own support such as finding and paying for equipment and support services
- Hearing-aid maintenance and support ‘drop ins’
- Short-term support after a spell in hospital
- Support for carers
Take a look at our service guides to find out what services PBS provides and which organisations can help.
Service Guide for Allerdale and Copeland (awaiting latest version)
PBS also offers people a variety of volunteering opportunities. Find out more here.
If anyone would like further information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact details are as follows:
- For residents of Allerdale and Copeland, the helpline is 08443 843 843
- For residents of Eden, South Lakeland, Furness & Carlisle, the helpline is 0844 967 1885
David Allford is the Programme Manager for PBS at Cumbria Community Foundation. Contact him on 01900 825760 or email@example.com.